The Marketplace for Mutuals Experience for Exhibitors
For exhibitors, the Marketplace for Mutuals at the NAMIC Annual Convention is the gathering place for the property/casualty and farm mutual insurance leaders and decision makers.
The Marketplace offers opportunities for casual conversations with clients during delicious meals and lively receptions as well as space for quieter business meetings in a comfortable lounge spaces. Unique entertainment also draws the attendees into the Marketplace. In fact, fish throwing, large scale mural painting, and 12-foot-tall American Presidents have all been hosted within the Marketplace for Mutuals. Check back to hear what NAMIC will feature this year!
New for 2016, some exhibitors will be invited to participate in guided tours for the attendees. These tours will help attendees connect with companies who can provide information, products, and solutions for some of the issues facing the mutual insurance industry. The topics of those tours could include; Efficiency and Workflow Tools, Emerging Issues, and the Changing Dynamics of the Insurance Consumer. More information about those tours will be posted soon.
Register Now for a Booth
Exhibit booth registration for the 121st Annual Convention is now open. You will be able to register your staff members with your booth registration, or can add them later. Once you have a booth and wish to add a staff member registration, you will need to locate your booth confirmation email and follow the steps provided. If you need your confirmation email resent, please contact us at conventionMarketplace@namic.org.
REGISTER NOW AS A CONVENTION EXHIBITOR >>
Exhibiting in the Marketplace for Mutuals
- Marketplace Floor Plan
- Exhibit Prices
- Exhibitor Services/Union Jurisdictions
- Marketplace for Mutuals Activities
- Advertising Opportunities
- Hotel Reservations
The Marketplace for Mutuals is held on Monday and Tuesday of NAMIC’s convention.
- Sunday, September 25 | 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Exhibitor Welcome and Orientation: To be announced
Show days and hours:
Please see the complete agenda for schedule details.
- Monday, September 26 | 8 - 9:30 a.m.; 11:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 27 | 8 - 9 a.m.; 10 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 27 | Exhibitors may begin dismantling at 3:30 p.m. All materials must packed by 5:00 p.m.
NAMIC offers several sizes of booth spaces and standard and premium locations. Premium spaces are located in higher traffic areas and are either on the end of an aisle, bordering the lounges, or surrounding NAMIC Central.
NAMIC Member Company
10x10 Standard Location
10x10 Premium Location
10x20 Booths* (#100, #403, #503, #405, #505)
20x20 Booth** (#103, #203, #303, #415, #515)
*Most 10x10s locations can be combined into a 10x20 booth. For those booths, the exhibitor would pay list price for both spaces.
- Complimentary Registrations
- Two attendee registrations with a 10x10 booth
- Three attendee registrations with a 10x20 booth
- Four attendee registrations with a 20x20 booth
- Additional staff registrations can be added for $495
- Attendee registration list with name, title, company, and mailing address sent 30 days, 15 days prior to the convention. Please note that email addresses are a benefit of sponsorship at the convention.
- Exhibitor registrations include the following meals:
- Breakfast as offered within the Marketplace
- Lunch as offered within the Marketplace
- The Chairman’s Reception on Sunday evening
- The Welcome Reception on Monday evening
- Please note that a ticket to the Closing Celebration is not included in the exhibitor registration and can be added to any exhibitor registration.
- Carpet in the show color. Exhibitors may choose to purchase carpet within their booth.
- One booth furniture package as offered within the registration form
- Wastebasket and booth identification sign
- Standard pipe & drape between booths. Please note that corner booths will not have a side rails along the aisle.
- Complimentary listing in the Marketplace Directory and opportunities for additional advertisement.
- Complimentary registration to NAMIC’s popular exhibitor webinars which are designed to help you succeed as an exhibitor at the convention.
- Access to the Exhibitor Orientation meeting.
Please review the exhibitor kit for all exhibitor services.
INTERNATIONAL EXHIBIT FREIGHT INFORMATION
Please review the information provided regarding travel to Canada here. All exhibitors who are shipping materials from the U.S. into Canada need to prepare for additional shipping time due to customs and some additional costs.
Detailed shipping information in located within the exhibitor kit on pages 29-58.
Add a minimum of 7 business days to your typical shipping schedule to allow for international shipping.
For the smoothest international shipping experience, carriers such as UPS and FedEx should be avoided. GES Logistics is the best option for a hassle-free experience.
If you are shipping electronic items (computers, monitors, etc.) or textiles (cloth bags, t-shirts, etc.), please read those specific details within the exhibitor kit.
Take an extremely detailed inventory of the contents of every shipped box and have an effective and consistent labeling system. Should a problem occur with customs, details about the contents of the box will be needed.
Do not ship food or plants.
Numerous activities are scheduled throughout the Marketplace to increase attendee traffic and enhance exhibitor visibility.
- NAMIC Central is the anchor of the marketplace, offering attendees and exhibitors a welcoming place to sit and talk.
- Unique and interesting activities make the Marketplace a destination of its own. Watch for updates on the activities announced for the 2016 Marketplace.
- Comfortable lounges are mixed within the Marketplace and provide the attendees a place to sit plan their visits to the exhibitors or offer an alternative meeting space away from your booth.
- Various meals and a reception are served within the Marketplace.
- On Monday afternoon, the Marketplace is the site of an attendee reception featuring a must-be-present-to-win grand prize drawing that traditionally attracts more than 600 attendees.
- The Executive Hours offer a quieter time for executives and professional staff of insurance carriers to visit the marketplace. We suggest you schedule appointments during this time.
- The popular exhibitor raffles and the St. Baldrick’s Head Shaving fund raiser are also offered within the Marketplace.
Once again in 2016, the Marketplace for Mutuals Directory will be combined with the Annual Convention program guide to offer the attendees one, easy to reference, guide for the entire Convention experience.
All exhibiting companies (subject to deadlines) will be provided a listing within the directory which will include the company name, the company website, a brief company description, and booth number. Exhibitors can choose to upgrade their listing with their logo and/or purchase an advertisement within the directory section of the program guide.
- July 15: Last day to purchase directory advertisements and logo placements with exhibitor listings. To purchase an advertisement or logo listing, please email ConventionMarketplace@namic.org.
- August 5: Directory advertisement artwork due.
- August 5: Last day for new exhibitors to be included within the Marketplace directory.
Directory Artwork Specs are available here.
Exhibitor Email Service
Sponsorships are a great way to expand your impact beyond your booth at the NAMIC Annual Convention. Many sponsorship packages also offer advertising opportunities to get your message in front of the crowds. Please contact Aaron Lifford, NAMIC’s sponsorship specialist, for a complete list of opportunities.
NAMIC is pleased to extend the negotiated hotel sleeping room rate to all registered exhibitor staffers. A completed exhibitor booth registration is required to receive the NAMIC discounted room rate. Exhibitors will receive the reservation web-link in a confirmation e-mail after completing the online booth registration form.
Visit the Housing & Travel section to find out more.
ATTENTION: MEMBERS & PARTICIPANTS IN NAMIC’S ANNUAL CONVENTION
Occasionally, groups claiming to be a “Convention Housing Bureau” (or a similar name) have contacted registered and/or regular attendees of the NAMIC Annual Convention claiming the ability to secure room reservations at the official NAMIC hotel in September at a discounted rate. Please be aware that these companies are not authorized to represent NAMIC, and cannot secure rooms within the group room block. Unfortunately, this problem is becoming more prevalent among convention groups. If you are considering alternative housing arrangements for the Annual Convention, please keep in mind that there are benefits to booking your reservation through NAMIC including discounted rates, protected reservations, and the ability for NAMIC staff to assist you with a reservation should you experience a problem. Please alert NAMIC should you be contacted directly by a company in regards to making room reservations for the convention Read More >>